AO CASES MADE SINCE 1897
Taken from the Optical Journal-Review, June 15, 1933
This type of optical manufacture - entered into by AO in 1897 - is a distinct and separate phase of production. During the War the American Optical Company’s Case Department was moved from Southbridge to Cambridge where it constituted for many years the “Cambridge Plant.”
As one of the events of its Century year, AO has returned its Case Division to Southbridge, housing it in practically an entire building opposite the Lens Plants. Here today are produced thousands of cases in dozens of types, designs, and sizes, many of which originated with the Company, and practically all of which contribute to beauty, utility, and style.
Return to AO 1933 Centential Publications
Return to AO History Main Page