AO - Southbridge Facilities
 

The two rare photos above were taken prior to the constuction of the AO R&D Research Facility (Building "17"), which was constructed in 1952. The penninsula on the left of the top photo,  is the site of that building. The second photo of the 2L (Lens Plant) was taken in June 1926, and also shows where the R&D facility would be built.

 Announced AO R&D Construction Article in 1952 AO News

The New Research Building (Aug 1952)

R&D Highlights Article (Aug 21, 1952)








Dick Whitney March 2, 2000 Update

Return to AO History Main Page

Browse to the Southbridge Page

Return to Whitney Home Page