1938 Flood Photos at AO Complex -
Courtesy of Jacob Edwards Library

View of the Carpenter Shop on Right (last occupied by Franklin Realty) as it appeared in 1938. This photo taken from the
now demolished Main Plant.

Rare view of bridge which that was replaced by the footbridge. Click here for a view of this bridge with autos on it. In the background (left), is the Tunnel with exhaust vents on top.  They used this space for Manufacturing when space was tight.
 

View of of walkway near Power House and 7L

Southbridge and the 1938 Flood and Hurricane

Mary Trifone Recalls the 1938 Flood

Link to Alphonse Mominee and Family Collection of 1955 Flood Photos

Link to Don Whitney 1955 Flood Photos


Dick Whitney April 2003

Return to the AO History Page

Return to Whitney Home Page