These photos were donated by Taylor Benvenuti and show Southbridge as
it was during the days of the horse and buggy.
A view onto Main Street from Elm St., the tower on the right is the old YMCA.
The Maci building straight ahead burned
down around 1970, and is now where
Mario's Restaurant was located and is now the renovated Ammidown building which is Savers Bank.
Pictured below is the view down Hamilton Street from near Edwards
Street. in the summer of 1889.
Pictured is the Hamilton Woolen two-horse ice delivery cart.
For a view of rare postcard images of town, click here.
Return to Southbridge History Main Page
Learn about AO's History
Return to Whitney Home Page