List of Positives / assets about Southbridge
· Celebrating our 200th Year as a town, many 2016 activities planned and town-wide cleanup underway
· Industrial Park with new access road
· The Southbridge Airport and with top national awards
and Conference Center
Business Center complex.
· The Jacob Edwards Library, recently celebrating its 100 years
· The Optical Heritage Museum (sponsored by Zeiss)
· Harrington Hospital (nationally award winning ), with new Cancer Center
· New Jr. / Sr. High School facility
· AO Eyewear Sunglass Manufacturing, (recently moved its manufacturing back from China to Southbridge !!! )
· "19th Century architecture" along main street is largely preserved and a unique asset to our community
· Cohasse Country club (formed in 1916)
· Abundant clean Water reservoirs
· Westville Dam recreational park
· Southbridge Business Association (reformed 2016) with support from Town administration
· Town Services we sometimes take for granted: Full time Fire Dept & Police, Ambulance, clean water, widely available town Sewerage, trash pickup
· Banks, Post Office, Restaurants, shopping plazas, Churches, diverse population
· Planned reuse of Mary E Wells Jr High building as housing
· WRTA Bus service / private taxi service
· YMCAThe list of positive of town (1920); many still are relevant.
What Southbridge had to offer in 1895! Its top 10 list from back then!
Feedback, Suggestions, Comments? e-mail me at email@example.com
(Sign My Guestbook at the bottom of my Home Page!)